What can you do with DriveKit?
Here are some of the most important features in DriveKit. As I update the app I will add them here and explain them to you. If you try the app, please give it a rating if you like it, and if you don’t like something or you find a bug, please contact me by adding a comment here, using the feedback option in the app, or using any of the contact details from the contact page in the website.
- You can search for locations using Google and Foursquare
- Future improvements: in the future, I’m planning to integrate Facebook and Bing. If you have any other suggestions please leave a comment.
- All of the searches are made nearby, in an area of 10 km(6.2 miles) around you.
- I will allow users to specify a location(by name or coordinates) where they want to search
- You can search with Foursquare if you use the option from the Home screen. For this search you don’t have to be logged in, but if you search from the Search screen(the one with categories), you have to log in with Foursquare
- You have two options now, you can get driving directions(using any app like Here Drive, Waze, etc) or you can open the location in the Maps app(Here Maps, gMaps, etc)
- You can add up to 10 contacts and assign them an ID. If you’re not a native English speaker, then you may have problems telling Cortana to call your friends because they don’t have English Names. Try telling Cortana to call “Costel(Romanian name)” and it will fail, but if I add this contact in DriveKit and assign the ID 2 for example, then I can say “DriveKit call number 2” and it will call that contact, you just have to approve the call because Windows Phone doesn’t allow apps to make calls without the approval of the user.
- Add locations to favorites, you can see them later and get directions to them
5. Park my car
- If you want to remember where you parked your car you can use this option
6. Home screen
- Nearest gas stations
- In the future, you’ll be able to choose what type of locations you want to see there
- Battery and time info